June is National Safety Month
Welcome to June! A week ago, we were shivering in our summer clothes and wondering if summer would ever actually arrive. And here it finally is! There is so much going on in June - every year, of course - but especially this year, as things keep opening up and we shake off last year’s pandemic limitations.
June is also the national month for many, many organizations and causes. Here are a few:
- National Give a Bunch of Balloons Month
- Men’s Health Month
- National Accordion Awareness Month
- National PTSD Awareness Month
- National Dairy Month
- National LGBTQIA Pride Month
- National Candy Month
National Candy Month? Say no more!
June is also National Safety Month, promoted every year by the National Safety Council. That organization recommends we all take a look at our homes and activities to make sure we’re adhering to safety guidelines and holding drills so we’ll know how to respond in an emergency.
Here are some of the National Safety Council’s suggestions:
Report repairs as they are needed
Hold drills at home to help children know what to do in the event of
-Another natural disaster
- Volunteer to participate in community emergency preparedness events
- Put together a first aid kit
- Take a CPR class
- Teach someone to change a tire properly and safely
- Learn about proper storage and disposal of medications
- Take a defensive driving course
- Learn how to identify fall hazards in a home
For more information about any of these ideas, check out the National Safety Council’s website and have a safe summer!
Post a Comment